“Woe to these children of those times!”
Our Lady of Good Success appeared and prophesied to Mother Mariana about the “total corruption of customs” and the lack of control of people’s passions would occur at the end of the 19th and greater part of the 20th centuries due to the reign of Satan in society through Freemasonry.
In this vision of January 21, 1610, Our Lady foretold that in these terrible times the sacraments would lose their importance among the faithful due to those who held a “position of authority” since they would be used as a tool of the devil. She then predicted:
- Baptism and Confirmation would be difficult to receive. Penance would be frowned upon and not encouraged.
- Holy Eucharist would be profaned both in public and in secret.
- Extreme Unction would not be considered worthwhile in receiving, thus many souls would be deprived of essential graces.
- Matrimony would be attacked. Governments under the control of masonry would “enact iniquitous laws with the objective of doing away with this Sacrament, making it easy for everyone to live in sin, encouraging the procreation of illegitimate children born without the blessing of the Church.”
- Holy Orders would be ridiculed, oppressed and despised. “The Devil will try to persecute the Ministers of the Lord in every possible way, and he will labor with cruel and subtle astuteness to deviate them from the spirit of their vocation, corrupting many of them. These depraved priests, who will thus scandalize the Christian people, will incite the hatred of the bad Christians and the enemies of the Roman Catholic and Apostolic Church to fall upon all Priests.”
Our Lady added:
“Moreover, in these unhappy times, there will be unbridled luxury which, acting thus to snare the rest into sin, will conquer innumerable frivolous souls who will be lost. Innocence will almost no longer be found in children, nor modesty in women, and IN THIS SUPREME MOMENT OF NEED OF THE CHURCH, THOSE WHO SHOULD SPEAK WILL FALL SILENT…” [Author’s emphasis]
Our Lady then told her to go to the Bishop to tell him that she had appeared to her and asked and commanded a statue to be made in her image. This statue was to be consecrated with Holy Oil and christened “Mary of Good Success of the Purification and Candlemas.” Mother Mariana still hesitated on going to the bishop since she feared that she was incapable to carry out this mission. She also desired that her name be hidden from the public since she believed that if the natives of the city and surrounding area found out about these apparitions that she, herself, would be idolized. She also feared the bishop would not 21 believe her. All of these thoughts weighed heavily on the mind and heart of Mother Mariana when she received another visit from Our Lady on February 2, 1610. Our Lady was saddened by this delay and threatened to give this mission to someone who would be more obedient and worthy if she continued to reject the graces given to her.